The inaugural I READ CANADIAN DAY is a national day of celebration of Canadian books for young people. This is a day dedicated to ‘reading Canadian’ and will empower families, schools, libraries and organizations to host local activities and events within the week.
For example, libraries or book stores can create a local I Read Canadian display for a month, or host author and illustrator visits during the week of the I Read Canadian day. Schools or communities can create challenges to get more readers involved – see how many readers can read Canadian.
GOAL: The purpose of this event is to raise awareness of Canadian books and celebrate the richness, diversity and breadth of Canadian literature.
WHEN: February 19th, 2020.
ACTION: We challenge the nation to “Read Canadian” for 15 minutes and to share their experience at their library, in their school, with their families and friends, or on social media Young people are encouraged to read, or be read to, a Canadian book of their choice.
TOOLS FOR YOUR I READ CANADIAN DAY
- Press Release & info – Oct. 28, 2019 – English | Français
- Toolkit – English | Français
- Letter size poster – English | Français
- Powerpoint Slide for presentations – English | Français
- Book recommendations for your Canadian reader – English | Français
- Bookmark – English | Français
- Scavenger Hunt – English | Français
- Tips on how to host an author/illustrator – English | Français
- Need I Read Canadian Clothing & Swag? Shop now